What is SCALED AGILE FRAMEWORK?
Scaled Agile Framework, or SAFe®, is a framework, which provides guidance for applying on the five core competencies. Those help organizations become a Lean Enterprise.
- Lean-Agile Leadership
- Team and Technical Agility
- DevOps and Release on Demand
- Business Solutions and Lean Systems Engineering
- Lean Portfolio Management
The creator of the framework is Dean Leffingwell who is Chief Methodologist at Scaled Agile, Inc.
Even it looks very complex, SAFe helps introduce Agile into different types of companies. Therefore there are multiple SAFe configurations that need to be considered thoroughly to apply in the company:
- Essential SAFe is great for small companies that develop a product with multiple teams and features split among them.
- Portfolio SAFe for companies that develop a larger portfolio consisting of multiple products.
- Large Solutions SAFe for teams who create a solution from multiple portfolios.
- Full SAFe, very complex products.
The framework is fully described on the Scaled Agile Framework pages.
Copyright © Scaled Agile, Inc.