ScrumMaster is baking the daily bread on the daily stand-up.
During these meetings his abilities and knowledge are uncovered. There is a possibility to pick up some useful information about the Scrum Mastership during the certification or specialized trainings but only trough real experience can you gain the deeper insight into the nature of things.
Good ScrumMaster is able to turn straw for gold. There aren’t any inbound problems in his team, such as self-organizing, communication, task status… Moreover, in such teams t here are high degree of self-discipline and responsibility.
‘To do’ of ScrumMaster before the daily meeting:
- Status review of reported problems, update their list or part of the whiteboard with problems
- Check the status of tasks’ implementation on Kanban board
- Check whether the tasks are updated to the remaining time of implementation
- Check the task flow
- Are the team members able to close user stories instead of opening the new ones?
- Identify newly added tasks that could change the commitment set at the begging of a sprint
- Examine the utilization of the team members to ensure their self-organizing
- Examine the set WIP limits
- In cooperation with the product owner examines if there are any necessary changes in sprint backlog
- In cooperation with the ScrumMasters he verifies the status of dependent tasks and needs of other teams
- Check the managerial importance from organizational viewpoint
- Check the burn-down chart progress and identify the ambiguous values that should be discussed
- Meeting room preparation
- Tools preparation (example: Kanban table preview)
- And last, but not least, he has to think of creating a positive mood of the team members from the beginning of the meeting
What are you supposed to change on your Scrum Mastership tomorrow?